One of the best thing that a person who works at home is you can navigate the web all throughout the day and find projects that you are expert at, with that, I type in where to find online jobs: freelancer.com which offers independent, by project or contract jobs.
Freelancer was founded in 2009 which is located in Sydney, Australia and has offices in Southern California, Vancouver, London, Buenos Aires, Manila, and Jakarta. Freelancer.com is a marketplace where employers and employees are able to find each other. Whether you live in a different country, projects are available. The employer may be able to include in his job post of what country would he like to hire a freelancer who can bid his projects.
Since Freelancer.com offers variety of jobs let me guide you on how to join the site.
1. Type https://www.freelancer.com/
2. Click on sign up
3. You can sign up using your Facebook account or join as a freelancer with your email address and password
4. Choose your username. It would be nice to have a decent username.
5. Click on I want to work since you are looking for a job, if you are an employer click on I want to hire
6. Now, is the time to think about what you are looking for in a job. If you are good at IT, design, writing, etc… click on that job
7. For example, you click on Data Entry and Admin; top skills will appear and all you have to do is to tick that small boxes
8. Once selected, click on next step
9. Type your real name. A real freelancer is not afraid of exposing his real name as you are looking for a real business. Answer those easy questions
10. When you see this page just click on skip for now
11. Another skip for now
12. You have to log in to your email add and verify your account. Freelancer.com will send you message.
13. Once your done verifying, on the right side of your screen, click that transparent face
14. Click on Profile
16. Verification is important. Just hit F Connect if you have a facebook account or any of the lists you want to be verified.
17. Upload a decent photo
18. Type in your work experience even if it is not a freelancing job, your degree, upload your certificate or publications if you have.
19. Then you are ready to look for a job
20. Click on Work: Browse projects or categories you choose. Time to hunt a job
Very easy isn’t? You have free 8 bids, once you consumed all your bids you have to wait for 60 hours to get 1 bid then wait for another 60 hours to get 2 bids and so on….
Freelancer.com has a lot of legit and scammer employers so beware. Do not consume all your bids just to get an immediate job. Check on their profile. If they have reviews, paid account and verified account Go! Hit that bid button. But if there is no review, deposit or verified account think again. You have to activate your discernment.
In Freelancer.com, you have to finish the project first before getting your payment so you really have to choose what you think is the real employer.
When you are chosen by the real employer, do your best on the project because when he is pleased with your work he will remember you and hire you again on the next project.
Keep on hunting freelancers! Go for the job that you are good at and be the best freelancer in the world.
Enjoy working! =)